Sony A7III Test Footage | Corporate Video Milton Keynes
Here at Elephants and Ants we recently added the Sony A7III to our arsenal of video equipment, to be used as a B camera. We own most of our inventory to keep video production costs lower for clients. Below is some Sony A7III test footage.
Sony has been stirring up the camera market with its A-series mirrorless cameras, luring many pros away from Canon and Nikon DSLRs into the brave new world of mirrorless imaging. For an asking price a whisker under £2,000/$2,000, the A7 III is probably Sony’s most compelling DSLR alternative – and not just for professionals, but keen enthusiasts too.
- Sensor: 24.2MP full-frame Exmor R CMOS, 35.6×23.8mm
- Image processor: BIONZ X
- AF points: 693-point phase-detection AF / 425-point contrast-detect AF
- ISO range: 100-51,200 (expandable to 50-204,800)
- Max image size: 6,000 x 4,000
- Metering zones: 1,200
- Video: 4K UHD at 30/24fps, Full HD at up to 120fps
- Viewfinder: XGA OLED type, 2,359,296 dots
- Memory card: 2x MS/SD/SDHC/SDXC (1x UHS-II)
- LCD: 3in tilting touchscreen, 921,600 dots
- Max burst: 10fps (177 JPEGs, 89 compressed RAW, 40 uncompressed Raw)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth
- Size: 126.9 x 95.6 x 73.7mm
- Weight: 650g (with battery and memory card)
Just like its predecessors, the A7 II and the A7, the A7 III has a 24MP sensor. Resolution is probably the first thing camera buyers look for, and it’s perhaps this camera’s most unremarkable specification. It’s not the same sensor as before, however; this one has a back-illuminated design for improved light-gathering, and is teamed up with a front-end LSI and BIONZ X processor that produce much faster data readout and processing speeds than before.
The end result is much-improved noise and high ISO performance, high-quality 4K video and that impressive 10fps continuous shooting speed – double the speed of the previous A7 II.
Equipment used in this early morning shoot was the RoninS stabiliser, Tamon 28-75 lens bolted to the Sony A7III. The footage was colour corrected and graded in Davinci Resolve and put together in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
We create creative videos for start-ups, corporate and small businesses.